Best Unit testing Online Courses
Table of Contents
Master unit testing C# code with NUnit and Moq: all about dependency injection, best practices and pitfalls to avoid
- Learn unit testing from scratch
- Tips and tricks to write clean, maintainable and trustworthy tests
- Write loosely-coupled and testable code
- Refactor legacy code towards testable code
- Understand and implement dependency injection
- Use mocks to isolate code from external dependencies
- Apply the unit testing best practices
- Learn the anti-patterns to avoid
More and more companies are recognizing the advantages of automated testing, that’s why it’s a must-have for senior coders. If you’re looking to reach the higher levels in your coding career, this course can help.
You don’t need any prior knowledge of automated testing. You only need 3 months of experience programming in C#.
Learn how to write effective unit tests using Microsoft MSTest framework to build high quality software applications
- Understand unit testing concepts and their improtance and power when developing software applications
- Write effective unit tests using MSTest framework to test software applications
- Will be able to answer most of the unit testing related interview questions
This course is all about writing effective unit tests using C# programming language and MSTest framework. Along the way we will learn the concepts related to unit testing. Most organisations these days expect it’s employees to have unit testing skills, as unit testing is becoming more and more important for the quality of the software applications.
We will also cover running, debugging, auto generating unit tests, grouping unit tests in visual studio, unit test traits, filtering, playlists, code coverage in visual studio, unit testing exceptions, unit testing private methods, visual studio ordered test, visual studio generic test, unit testing assertions and running unit tests from command line
Learning the discipline of Test Driven Development (also known as TDD) Using the Python Programming Language
- How to implement unit tests in python using the discipline of Test Driven Development.
- How to use test doubles to decouple production code from the rest of the system to be tested in isolation.
Test Driven Development is a key discipline every software developer should practice to ensure the quality of their code. In this course I’ll show you how to use this discipline in your everyday coding practices to help ensure the quality of your code base.
In this course we’ll be going over:
- What is Unit Testing and Test Driven Development and how does it help you.
- What is the PyTest testing library and how is it used for writing unit tests in Python.
- How to setup some common Python development environments to use PyTest.
- What are Test Doubles and how do you implement and use them with unittest.mock.
- What are some Best Practices for unit testing and Test Driven Development.
- We’ll also walk through some hands on example programming sessions using TDD in Python.
Best Unit testing Books:
#1 The Art of Unit Testing: with examples in C# Second Edition by Roy Osherove
#2 Pragmatic Unit Testing in Java 8 with JUnit 1st Edition by Jeff Langr & Andy Hunt & Dave Thomas
#3 Practical Unit Testing with JUnit and Mockito by Tomek Kaczanowski
#4 Unit Test Frameworks First Edition by Paul Hamill
#5 Effective Unit Testing: A guide for Java developers 1st Edition by Lasse Koskela
Best Unit testing Online Courses