Here Shell Scripting Online Courses
Learn shell programming for Linux, Unix, & Mac. Learn how to write shell scripts like a pro & solve real-world problems!
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Shell Scripting course:
- A step-by-step process of writing shell scripts that solve real-world problems.
- The #1 thing you must do every time you create a shell script.
- How to quickly find and fix the most common shell scripting errors.
- For those of you who want to start scripting right away, watch the two video shell scripting crash course. If you do nothing else than watch these two videos you’ll be ahead of most shell programmers.
- How to accept input from a user and then make decisions on that input.
- How to accept and process command line arguments.
- What special variables are available, how to use them in your shell scripts, and when to do so.
- A shell script creation check list — You’ll never have to guess what to include in each of your shell scripts again. Just use this simple check list.
- A shell script template (boilerplate). Use this format for each of your shell scripts. It shows exactly what to include and where everything goes. Eliminate guesswork!
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- Real-world examples of shell scripts from my personal collection.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You’ll be able to look at and experiment with everything you’re learning.
- Quizzes after each section just to make sure you’re learning the most important aspects of shell scripting.
The Complete course to master Bash shell scripting for Linux
The course starts at the very beginning including what is BASH, what are shells, what do you mean by shell scripts, customizing your shell, difference between a shell script and an interactive shell, command line-options, statements, loops and so much more.
In addition to providing you with theoretic information about BASH and Shell Scripting, the course will also give numerous examples at every step to get you familiar with how scripting works and what happens when you execute a certain script. Additionally, you will also be provided with all the scripts that were used by the instructor to try on your own.
Learn how to write well documented, modular, efficient and complex shell scripts, automate daily routines, basic programming concepts such as loops, commands and statements, how to effectively write command line processing, process management and even manipulate command-line functions.
you will learn
- Learn professional shell scripting skills
- Learn to create efficient scripts for mundane tasks
- Do routine tasks faster
- Learn inner workings of the bash shell
Learn Bash Shell Scripting to automate the frequently performed tasks
Linux has a variety of different shells Like Bourne shell (sh), C shell (csh), Korn shell (ksh), TC shell (tcsh), Bourne Again shell (bash). Certainly the most popular shell is “bash”. Bash is an sh-compatible shell that incorporates useful features from the Korn shell (ksh) and C shell (csh). bash is not only an excellent command line shell, but a scripting language in itself. Shell scripting allows us to use the shell’s abilities and to automate a lot of tasks that would otherwise require a lot of commands.
Bash scripting will help you automate routine tasks and save valuable time, whether you’re a sys admin, Linux user or software developer. Shell script is much quicker than programming in any other languages.
The goal of this course is to provide you with a working knowledge of Bash scripting. We’ll start with the basics, starting from creating our first Bash script and running it. Next you will learn about the bash environment, local variables, conditional statements, functions, loops, case statements, string operations, and coprocesses.
you will learn
- By the end of it you will be familiar with most of the common tasks we normally do on Bash scripting
- You will be comfortable, efficient, and effective at the shell scripting
- Automate the frequently performed tasks.
Best Shell Scripting Books: