Here Best Linux Online Courses
You need no prior knowledge to benefit from this course. You will be guided step by step using a logical and systematic approach. As new concepts, commands, or jargon are encountered they are explained in plain language, making it easy for anyone to understand. Here is what you will learn by taking Learn Linux in 5 Days:
- How to get access to a Linux server if you don’t already.
- What a Linux distribution is and which one to choose.
- What software is needed to connect to Linux from Mac and Windows computers.
- What SSH is and how to use it.
- The file system layout of Linux systems and where to find programs, configurations, and documentation.
- The basic Linux commands you’ll use most often.
- Creating, renaming, moving, and deleting directories.
- Listing, reading, creating, editing, copying, and deleting files.
- Exactly how permissions work and how to decipher the most cryptic Linux permissions with ease.
- How to use the nano, vi, and emacs editors.
- Two methods to search for files and directories.
- How to compare the contents of files.
- What pipes are, why they are useful, and how to use them.
- How to compress files to save space and make transferring data easy.
- How and why to redirect input and output from applications.
By the end of this course you will understand the fundamentals of the Linux operating system and be able to apply that knowledge in a practical and useful manner.
This course is presented for you to start a career as Linux System Admin with all you need to apply for a job as a professional. My name is Muhammed Torkey and i have been working with Linux since 2003, I’ve worked in so many companies as a system admin and have been given the opportunity to learn from experts and developed a lot of skills in the work field and henceforth i would present for you what you exactly need to become a successful system admin.
The course is aimed to teach linux for beginners, intermediates and even advanced system admins who wish to develop their skills in Linux. Starting all the way from the Linux basics up to how manage an entire platform. So i am going to start with :
- How it all started ( Linux History )
- Building your work lab ( Linux installation )
- Linux basic commands ( Mastering the command line )
- Secure linux by understanding how to manage users,groups and file permissions
- Linux editors ( vi and nano )
And then i’ll move on to:
- Forming regular expressions to define patterns with various Linux commands
- Installing and managing packages in Linux
- Linux Network configuration
- Linux File System Management
- Linux security
- Managing process and monitoring tools
Become an effective Linux user and advance your Career. Learning the Linux Command Line will take you FAR!
earn to appreciate the power of the Linux command line.
Understand the structure of the Linux File System.
Learn how to navigate your Linux File System using few simple commands !
Learn how to create, modify and process files.
Learn how to create your own Linux commands.
- realize the potential of the Linux command line.
- navigating the Linux Filesystem.
- explain the Linux Filesystem hierarchy .
- use command options .
- create hard and soft links.
- use powerful Linux wild cards.
- create,view and manipulate files.
- use different Linux text editors (nano,gedit).
- find help while using the Linux command line.
- create you own Linux commands