Best Excel Macros & VBA Online Courses
Below are a few samples of the projects you will complete by enrolling and participating in this course.
- Automate placing and formatting a title on a worksheet
- Interact with the users of your Macros through Input and Message boxes in order to receive input on how a Macros should work
- Cleaning up multiple Excel Worksheets and prepare the data to be reported on
- Create a report based on multiple sets of data found within multiple Excel Worksheets, copying data from one Worksheet into the Master Report Worksheet
- Automate the creation of Excel Formulas to SUM data up in your Report
- Working with Excel VBA User Forms
- Importing Data from External Text Files
Each of these projects will direct you through key Excel VBA programming concepts and direct you to identify and use best practices in creating Excel Macros.
What you can look forward to in this course:
- Understand how to use the right syntax in VBA
- Useful Excel VBA codes you can directly use for your work
- Use the macro recorder for simpler tasks and improve the code
- Working with the Visual Basic Editor
- Debugging tools and error handling methods
- Different ways to reference ranges and cells
- Different methods to loop
- How to work with data types
- PivotTables in Excel using VBA
- Importing data from other files and exporting data to text files
- Interacting with other applications (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- ActiveX and Userforms to enhance the Excel interface
- Basically all the knowledge you need to automate tasks in Excel
Imagine if everything you had to do in Excel could be reduced to a click of a button. How much time would that save you in your workday? How much stress would disappear because now you don’t have to dread completing your tedious Excel work? If you’re reading this course description, I bet the answer is quite a bit.
The entire purpose of my day job is to automate tedious work that people don’t want to do. This increases the productivity of my company, which is very valuable. It allows us to continue growing without adding many more employees, which increases our profits. I use many tools to achieve automation, but Excel is one of the best because it’s simple to learn yet very powerful in application. My goal with this course is to enable you to increase your own productivity, just like I do for many people at my day job.
I will use real world projects, some that I have had to deal with myself. You will see the process that I go through to figure out how to automate these tasks. It may be surprising, but I usually don’t know how to accomplish an automation project from the get-go. It takes some planning and critical thinking for every project you take on. That’s why you should think of this course more as providing the tools for you to solve any problem, rather than an encyclopedia-like course that will give you a bunch of information. For those of you still reading, I hope you enjoy the course. I put a lot of work into creating the most useful course I could!
Best Excel Macros & VBA Books:
#5 Excel VBA: Top Tips, Tricks, Timesavers, and Common Mistakes in VBA Programming 1st Edition by Mr Hein Smith
#6 Excel 2016 VBA and Macros (includes Content Update Program) (MrExcel Library) 1st Edition by Bill Jelen & Tracy Syrstad