Best Docker Online Courses
#1 Docker Mastery: The Complete Toolset From a Docker Captain
- I’m A Practitioner. Welcome to the real world: I’ve got 20 years of sysadmin and developer experience, over 30 certifications, and have been using Docker and the container ecosystem for my consulting clients and my own companies since Docker’s early days. Learn from someone who’s run hundreds of containers across dozens of projects and organizations.
- I’m An Educator. Learn from someone who knows how to make a syllabus: I want to help you. People say I’m good at it. For the last few years I’ve trained thousands of people on using Docker in workshops, conferences and meetups. See me teach at events like DockerCon, O’Reilly Velocity, GOTO Conf, and Linux Open Source Summit. I hope you’ll decide to learn with me, and join the fantastic online Docker community.
- I Lead Communities. Also, I’m a Docker Captain, meaning that Docker Inc. thinks I know a thing or two about Docker and that I do well in sharing it with others. In the real-world: I help run two local meetups in our fabulous tech community in Norfolk/Virginia Beach USA. I help online: usually in Slack and Twitter, where I learn from and help others.
#2 Docker Crash Course for busy DevOps and Developers
In particularly, you will learn:
- Containerize a web-based application with a micro-service approach and automate it using Dockerfile.
- Design multi-container applications and automate the workflow using Compose.
- Scale Docker workflow with Docker Swarm, orchestrate and deploy a large-scale application across multiple hosts in the cloud.
- Best practices of working with Docker software in the field.
- In-depth knowledge about Docker software and confidence to help your company or your own project to apply the right Docker deployment workflow and continuously deliver better software.
- Invaluable DevOps skills such as setting up continuous integration pipelines.
#3 Docker for the Absolute Beginner – Hands On – DevOps
Docker is an open platform for developers and sysadmins to build, ship, and run distributed applications, whether on laptops, data center VMs, or the cloud.
This course introduces Docker to an Absolute Beginner using really simple and easy to understand lectures. Lectures are followed by demos showing how to setup and get started with Docker. The coding exercises that accompany this course will help you practice Docker commands and developing your own images using Dockerfiles and practice Docker Compose. You will be developing Docker files for different use cases right in your browser. This way you don’t really need to have your own environment setup to get some hands on practice. The coding exercises will validate your commands and Dockerfiles and ensure you have written them correctly.
And finally we have assignments to put your skills to test. You will be given a challenge to solve using the skills you gained during this course. This is a great way to gain a real life project experience and work with the other students in the community to develop a Dockerfile and get feedback for your work. The assignment will push you to research and develop your own Docker images.
This course is designed for beginners in DevOps
Best Docker Books:
#1 Docker Deep Dive by Nigel Poulton
#2 Docker: Up & Running: Shipping Reliable Containers in Production 1st Edition by Karl Matthias & Sean P. Kane
#3 Docker in Action 1st Edition by Jeff Nickoloff
#4 Using Docker: Developing and Deploying Software with Containers 1st Edition by Adrian Mouat
#5 Docker in Practice 1st Edition by Ian Miell & Aidan Hobson Sayers
#6 Docker on Windows: From 101 to Production with Docker on Windows by Elton Stoneman