Best Power BI Online Courses
This is what you will learn:
- Get to know the different tools of the Power BI universe and learn how to use them
- Understand Power BI Desktop and its components
- Learn how to use the Query Editor to connect Power BI to various source types, how to work on the Data Model and understand the difference between those two steps
- How to work in the different views of the Data Model
- How to create calculated columns and measures
- How to build relationships between different tables
- How to create a report with different interactive visualization types
- Learn how to use Power BI service to create dashboards and to share and publish your results
- How to access your results from multiple devices using Power BI Mobile
- How to create custom visuals using typescript and the Power BI Developer Tools
- And more!
If you’re looking for a comprehensive, hands-on guide to learning Microsoft Power BI Desktop, you’ve come to the right place.
But don’t worry, I’ll be guiding you through the ins-and-outs of Power BI Desktop, sharing crystal clear explanations and helpful pro tips each step of the way. We’ll follow a steady, systematic progression through the B.I. workflow, and break down our project into FOUR KEY OBJECTIVES:
OBJECTIVE #1: Connect & Transform the Raw Data
- Intro to the Query Editor
- Types of Data Connectors
- Basic Table Transformations
OBJECTIVE #2: Build a Relational Data Model
- Intro to Database Normalization
- Data (“Fact”) Tables vs. Lookup (“Dimension”) Tables
- Creating Table Relationships
OBJECTIVE #3: Add Calculated Fields with DAX
- Intro to Data Analysis Expressions (DAX)
- Calculated Columns vs. Measures
- Row Context vs. Filter Context
- DAX Syntax & Operators
OBJECTIVE #4: Design Interactive Reports
- Intro to the Power BI Report View
- Adding Objects & Basic Charts
- Formatting & Filtering Options
Contents and Overview
This course begins with Power BI basics. You will navigate the software, connect it to a data file, and export a worksheet, so even beginners will feel completely at ease.
To be able to find trends in your data and make accurate forecasts, you’ll learn how to work with hierarchies and timeseries.
Also, to make data easier to digest, you’ll tackle how to use aggregations to summarize information. You will also use granularity to ensure accurate calculations.
In order to begin visualizing data, you’ll cover how to create various charts, maps, scatterplots, and interactive dashboards for each of your projects.
You’ll even learn how to join multiple data sources into one in order to combine diverse sources of information in one analytical solution.
Finally, you’ll cover some of the latest and most advanced custom visualizations in Microsoft Power BI, where you will create histograms, brickcharts and more.
By the time you complete this course, you’ll be a highly proficient Power BI user. You will be using your skills as a data scientist to extract knowledge from data so you can analyze and visualize complex questions with ease.
You’ll be fully prepared to collect, examine, and present data for any purpose, whether you’re working with scientific data or you want to make forecasts about buying trends to increase profits.
Business Intelligence / Business Analytics is in high demand. Companies are constantly searching for ways to make better and faster decisions. Therefore they rely heavily on data. Data driven decision making is the key to success for any business in the world of tomorrow.
MS Power BI is an andvanced yet easy to get started self service business analytics / business intelligence solution provided by Microsoft which is currently in very hot demand. From my personal experience I can tell you that companies will actively searching for you if you master Power BI.
There is no coding required! Power BI allows you to do that but it’s not necessary.
In this course you will start form zero to hero in 6 hours and you will learn:
- the ETL capabilities of Microsoft Power BI (“get messy data easily into the right format”)
- Master simple and very advanced DAX (Power BI language, similar to like excel formulas) calculations
- Create outstanding visualisations and reports
- Derive valuable highly profitalbe insights
Best Power BI Books:
- Supercharge Power BI: Power BI Is Better When You Learn to Write DAX by Matt Allington
- Pro Power BI Desktop 1st ed. by Adam Aspin
- Microsoft Power BI Cookbook: Creating Business Intelligence Solutions of Analytical Data Models, Reports, and Dashboards by Brett Powell
- Microsoft Power BI Dashboards Step by Step 1st Edition by Errin O’Connor
- Applied Microsoft Power BI (3rd Edition): Bring your data to life! 3rd Edition
by Teo Lachev & Edward Price
- Power Pivot and Power BI: The Excel User’s Guide to DAX, Power Query, Power BI & Power Pivot in Excel 2010-2016 Second Edition by Rob Collie & Avichal Singh