Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data. The students who are looking for the best Bioinformatics courses, this is the correct platform for learning the course. Bioinformatics is fed by high-throughput data-generating experiments, including genomic sequence determinations and measurements of gene expression patterns. Database projects curate and annotate the data and then distribute it via the World Wide Web. Many no of Bioinformatics courses available in the IT market, from them our expert’s panel handpicked some best Bioinformatics courses for you which are listed below.
This Bioinformatics Specialization online learning Specialization created by the instructors Pavel Pevzner and he is a Professor, Nikolay Vyahhi and he is a Visiting Scholar and Phillip Compeau he is also a Visiting Researcher and all these are working under the Department of Engineering and Computer Science and offered by University of California San Diego. By the end of this specialisation you will be mastered with the computational approaches and bioinformatics software in modern biology. In this specialisation you will cover 7 courses. And the additional skills you will gain in this specialisation are Viterbi Algorithm, Python Programming, Algorithms, Whole Genome Sequencing etc. in this course nearly 12k+ students are enrolled and this course is included with Self-Paced Learning Option, Graded Programming Assignments etc.
- In the 1st course of this specialisation i.e., Finding Hidden Messages in DNA you will learn about how to investigate DNA replication and you will get to know about how DNA patterns play the role of molecular clocks.
- The 2nd course i.e., Genome Sequencing you will get to know about the human genome and how they assemble genomes using the graph theory and in the 3rd course you will learn about how to compare Genes, Proteins, and Genomes.
- The 4th course is all about Molecular Evolution and you will learn about how to compare genes, proteins, and genomes and in the 5th course i.e., Genomic Data Science and Clustering you will learn about algorithmic and machine learning techniques.
- Finding Mutations in DNA and Proteins is the 6th course and in this you will learn about the variation between individual’s genome and reference genome and also about some fragments of DNA.
- The last course of this specialisation is Bioinformatics Capstone: Big Data in Biology and in this course you will learn about the concept of using the BaseSpace cloud platform and also about the whole exome sequencing.
This Biology Meets Programming: Bioinformatics for Beginners is an online course that has been offered by the University of California San Diego and created by the instructors Pavel Pevzner, who is a professor in the department of Computer Science and Engineering along with the Phillip Compeau and he is a Visiting Researcher in the department of Computer Science and Engineering. This course provides you the “Just-in-Time” exercises from which you can learn easily. The syllabus of this course contains 4 modules and the skills that you will gain from this course are Bioinformatics Algorithms, Python Programming, Biology, Bioinformatics. In this course nearly 68k+ students are enrolled.
- As there are 4 modules in the syllabus of this course and in this syllabus you will gain knowledge completely on the algorithms which are used to solve various biological problems.
- In the 1st module you will learn about Where in the Genome Does DNA Replication Begin in two parts and with the help of 2 videos, 2 quizzes, 2 readings and 1 practice exercise.
- The 2nd module of this course teaches you about the how the beginning of DNA Replication starts and where does it starts with the help of 2 videos, 1 reading, 2 quizzes and 1 practice exercise.
- In the 3rd module of this course you will be taught with the topic of Which DNA Patterns Play the Role of Molecular Clocks and from Implanted Patterns to Regulatory Motifs they are taught with the help of 3 videos, 1 practice exercise ec.
- The last module of this course is all about Which DNA Patterns Play the Role of Molecular Clocks and How Rolling Dice Helps Us Find Regulatory Motifs with the help of 3 videos and 2 quizzes.
Learn Bioinformatics in 6 Days is the online learning course created by the instructor Isaac Alfred and he is an ALFRED Initiatives whose teaching skills might not be as good as experienced instructors. By taking this course you can get started you journey through the career of Bioinformatics and become a Bioinformatician. The combination of information engineering, biology, maths, statistics and computer science is considered as the Bioinformatics. This course teaches you about the Combine theory, genomics and biological concepts. In this course nearly 800+ students are enrolled. This course contains 4.5 hours on-demand video, 28 downloadable resources etc.
- This course is all about the integration of the biological concepts with information technologies which is used to study the biological system and also about the Bioinformatics Applications.
- In this course you will learn about the History of Bioinformatics, Central Dogma & Protein Structures and Nucleotide Sequence Databases, Protein Databases and about how to browse the GenBank and UniProt.
- By taking this course you will get to know about how to Build a simple database using Microsoft Access and also about the GenBank gene information exploration and about the Combine theory.
- The topics that you will cover in this course are Sequence Alignment, Simple Alignment, scoring Matrices and Dynamic Programming Algorithm and Multiple Sequence Alignment using ClustalX.
- You will also gain knowledge on the BLAST Programs, How to perform a BLASTn search and how to find the mutation and protein and also Molecular Evolution, way of constructing phylogenetic tree and Genome Annotation.
This Structural Bioinformatics Basics is the online learning course created by the instructor Prabhakar G and he is a Cloud Architect, Computational Biologist, Data Scientist and he gained a PhD from Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology and 12+ years of experience as a structural bioinformatics. This is part 1 that is designed for learning the Structural Bioinformatics Basics. The combination of information engineering, biology, maths, statistics and computer science is considered as the Bioinformatics. By taking this course you will get to know about what exactly is structural bioinformatics, structural databases, different levels of protein structures etc. in this course nearly 200+ students are enrolled.this course contains 32 mins on-demand video and 1 downloadable resource.
- In this course you will learn about the structural bioinformatics, different representations of a protein, some of the applications of structural bioinformatics, structural databases, different levels of protein structures.
- By taking this course you will get to know about how to visualize a protein molecule and how Structural bioinformatics combines applications of physical and chemical principles with algorithms.
- The instructor of this course helps you in learning about the structure, sequence and functions of the structural bioinformatics and also about the Central Dogma of Molecular Biology.
- You will also be taught with the basics of Protein Structure, X-ray Crystallography, Structure Determination, Peptide Bond, Backbone Geometry, Structural Motifs, Structure Stabilizing Interactions, Structural Diversity.
- The topics that you will cover in this course are Protein Data Bank, PDB File Format, Visualize Wireframe, Space Filling Models, Protein Structure Alignment, Protein Homology Modeling, Protein Molecular Dynamics etc.
This DNA Research using Biopython is the online learning course created by the Brian Rouse and he is an iOS Instructor and Data Scientist who has 16 years of experience in the programming and for his credit he gained Ivy League certification. This course is considered as an introduction to the bioinformatics and it is nothing but you will be taught with the Hybrid Developer skill and how to use existing OOPL development skills to fly through python code effortlessly. In this course you will learn about the BIOPYTHON, DNA ARCHETYPE, GENOMES, ANACONDA IDE etc. in this course nearly 2k+ students are enrolled.This course contains 1 hour on-demand video.
- This course teaches you about the DNA sequences, Chromosomes, Genomes, Nucleotides, mRNA, DNA ARCHETYPE, PROTEIN BIOSYNTHESIS, DNA SEQUENCING etc.
- The instructor of this course teaches you about the DNA research with the help of Biopython and also you will be taught with the topic like mRNA and more about Hybrid Developer skills.
- By taking this course you will get to know about the way of using the OOPL development skills which are existing and that are used for flying effortlessly with the help of python code .
- By the end of this course you will gain complete knowledge on what exactly deoxyribonucleic acid is and the way of working with it and implementing the medical research.
- You will also be taught with the concept of using the biopython and more about its libraries that are helpful for research and gain knowledge on the changing process of DNA to protein.
Bioinformatics has huge demand in the job world. Instructors are always ready to share the information regarding this Bioinformatics course. Students who are interested to learn this you can pick up anyone from the above-mentioned courses. By doing this course people will get job opportunities such as a Bioinformatics Professor, Research Associate, Molecular Biology Scientist, Bioinformatics Data Analyst,etc. After completion of this course, you will receive a course completion certificate. If you add this certification to your resume, you will get more weightage at your interview time. We request you to share this article with friends and colleagues via Facebook, LinkedIn, Whatsapp, hike, etc.
Best Bioinformatics Online Courses