Best Oracle DBA Online Courses
Step by Step methodology followed is…
- Learn the fundamentals of database to set the stage for Oracle Architecture
- Understand the Process and Memory Architecture (This is important as understanding this will help you solve lot of critical performance issues).
- Install Oracle Database 11g & 12c (Manual method and using DBCA)
- Tablespace management to manage space to store the data.
- UNDO Tablespace management to manage undo space.
- REDO Log file management to manage redo space.
- Manage users and security
- Networking (Configuring Listeners and TNS entries)
- Understand various Data dictionary tables/views
- Diagnose issues using Diagnose data and generate packages for Oracle Support.
- Backup and Recovery (User Managed)
- Backup and Recovery (RMAN)
- Materialized Views
- Table Partitioning
- Project Work
Oracle Database Administrator’s are in constant demand in the IT industry.
The rapid growth of data has fuelled the demand for database administrator’s in general. We are more than before reliant on data in our everyday life either through the use of social media with applications like Facebook,Instagram Whatsapp ,Twitter and may more data rich applications.
This course is designed for beginners who are considering a career as a database administrator. It will guide you
through some of the tasks that an Oracle database administrator has to perform.
Oracle DBA Responsibilities includes:
Installing new versions of the Oracle database and its tools
Installing tools required to access the Oracle database.
Shutting down and Starting the database
Backing up and Recovering Data
Exporting and Importing Data
Managing security of the database
Monitoring the database
Creating database objects like databases, tables and views
Create new database users as required.
Upgrading the database
Plans and implements backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
Provides technical support to application development teams
Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
Troubleshooting problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
Oracle Database 12c is the world’s leading relational database management system.After completing this course you will have fundamentals required for installation, configuration, and administration ,Architecture of an Oracle 12c database including hand on all exercise files are attached with respective chapter.
- Database instance and storage
- Instance memory pools
- Instance background processes
- Client connections
- Database storage file types
- Control files and backup files
- Multitenant databases
- Starting and stopping the database
- Installing Oracle 12c software
- Using the developer tools
- Database management
Best Oracle DBA Books:
#5 Oracle Database Administration Interview Questions You’ll Most Likely Be Asked (Interview Questions Series) (Volume 1) 2nd Edition by Vibrant Publishers
#6 Unix for Oracle Dbas Pocket Reference 1st Edition by Donald K. Burleson