Best Autodesk Fusion Online Courses
#1 Fusion 360 For Hobbyists and Woodworkers
This course is designed to teach Fusion 360 in the way that I learn best – with start to finish project tutorials. As a self-taught 3D modeler, I found it difficult and frustrating to understand a tool or process without having any context for when it might be used.
In “Fusion 360 For Hobbyists and Woodworkers” we model five different projects using only the tools necessary for that model. Each project gets progressively more difficult as you build on your newly acquired skills.
Why Learn CAD as a Hobbyist or Woodworker?
- Use CAD to save time, money and materials.
- Work from your own plans.
- “Virtually prototype” your ideas before building them.
- Design projects for CNC and 3D printing.
Why FUSION 360?
- Parametric modeling.
- Design history timeline.
- Joints and contact sets.
- CAD and CAM in one.
- It’s FREE!
What TOPICS Are Covered in This Course?
- 95% in the “Model” workspace.
- 3D model woodworking and 3D printing/CNC projects.
- Create plans and technical drawings.
- Apply materials and appearances to your design.
- Add functionality to your ideas.
#2 Designing for 3D Printing with Fusion 360
The real magic in 3D printing happens when you are able to create your own designs. We will learn how to use Autodesk Fusion 360 to design ten practical and functional products that can be 3D printed. Each lesson will build on the prior to introduce design concepts and best practices when when designing for desktop 3D printers. Fusion 360 is free for students and hobbyists and is a very powerful designing tool. By the end of the course you will have the skills and confidence to begin creating your own designs and start turning your ideas into physical objects.
#3 (10) Ten 2D Drawings to Master 2D Sketching in Fusion 360
All 3D Parametric modeling packages requires a great deal of 2D sketching and sketch constraints.
In this Fusion 360 course:
• You will gain understanding of 2D Sketching.
• Mastery of Sketch Constraints.
• Follow along with highly detailed light to moderate instruction.
• Course Exercise Files included in every lecture to assist you in starting out where you ended.
• Be able to level up to assembly and free-form modeling with high confidence that you have mastered the very fundamentals of part creation.
• In addition to having a Udemy Certificate of Completion you will also be receiving an Autodesk Certificate of Course Completion once you have completed all challenges**.
Why master 2D sketching?
In the context of CAD, all 3D parametric objects usually starts out as 2D sketches.
When creating technical drawings your 2D sketches ends up very similar to your final drawings.
2D sketches holds the very foundation of your 3D model and 2D drawings.
Why master sketch constraints?
Constraints are the tools that binds and reinforces your sketched geometry.
In a typical machine, constraints are like the nuts and bolts the holds the assembly together.
Without constraints all of our sketched geometries are loose and unstable.
By the end of this course, you will have a solid foundation on 2D sketching and mastery of sketch contraints in Fusion 360.
Best Autodesk Fusion Books:
#1 Autodesk Fusion 360 Introduction to Parametric Modeling: Autodesk Authorized Publisher – 2nd Edition by Ascent – Center for Technical Knowledge
#2 Fusion 360 for Makers: Design Your Own Digital Models for 3D Printing and CNC Fabrication 1st Edition by Lydia Sloan Cline
#3 Autodesk Fusion 360 Black Book Gaurav Verma & Samar Malik
#4 Autodesk Fusion 360 Introduction to Parametric Modeling: Autodesk Authorized Publisher 3rd Edition by Ascent – Center for Technical Knowledge
#5 Autodesk Fusion 360: A Tutorial Approach Prof. Sham Tickoo Purdue University
#6 Parametric Modeling with Autodesk Fusion 360 (Spring 2018 Edition) 2nd Edition by Randy Shih