Best Penetration Testing Online Courses
- File upload : This vulnerability allow attackers to upload executable files on the target web server, exploiting these vulnerabilities properly gives you full control over the target website .
- Code Execution – This vulnerability allow users to run system code on the target web server, this can be used to execute malicious code and get a reverse shell access which gives the attacker full control over the target web server.
- Local File inclusion – This vulnerability can be used to read any file on the target derver, this can exploited to read sensitive files, we will not stop at that though, you will learn two methods to escalate this vulnerability and get a reverse shell connection which gives you full control over the target web server.
- Remote File inclusion – This vulnerability can be load remote files on the target web server, exploiting this vulnerability properly gives you full control over the target web server.
- SQL Injection- This is one of the biggest sections on the course, this is because this is one of the most dangerous vulnerabilities ever, it is found everywhere, not only that but it can be exploited to do all of the things the above vulnerabilities allow us to and more, so it allows you to login as admin without knowing the password, access the database and get all data stored there such as usernames, passwords, credit cards ….etc, read files stored in the server, write files to the server and even get a reverse shell access which gives you full control over the web server!
- Web applications hacking course is not like other courses. I will not teach you the boring hacking stuff that you can get from Google.
- All the videos in this course are simple, short and practical.
- You will practice web applications Hacking / Penetration Testing against a number of real-world web applications.
- You will learn how to discover Web Applications vulnerabilities through Penetration Testing.
- You will learn how to hack the web security.
I will start by teaching you the basics of any vulnerability and then exploiting it with pure technical skills. The web applications hacking and penetration testing course is designed to cover all the latest vulnerabilities of Web Applications like Web Applications Attacks, CSRF attacks, Injection attacks and many more.
Before starting to learn how to “ethically” hack a website, you’ll learn how to set up a lab environmentand install the needed virtual machines such as Kali Linux and OWASP Broken Web Applications. This will allow you to practice and hack “safely” without affecting your main systems.
Then, you’ll learn the basic terms, standards, technologies and protocols of web applications: HTML, URL, HTTP etc.
When you’re ready to start hacking, you’re going to start with information gathering. In addition, you will learn how to use search engines to find out if there are known-vulnerabilities in the website. While discovering the website, you’ll analyse the configurations to understand if they cause any vulnerability.
Then, you’re going to learn the most important part of hacking web applications: how to manipulate input fields and the outputs produced by the application. You’ll see the most famous and dangerous vulnerabilities including SQL injection and Cross Site Scripting (XSS) in this section.
You will not only learn how to find out the vulnerabilities, but also learn how to exploit and hack those weaknesses. In addition, the methods to prevent hacking of these weaknesses will be taught.
After that, you’re going to learn how to discover authorisation, authentication and session management flaws. You’ll learn how to find usernames and passwords using brute force attacks, how to fix a session, how to escalate a privilege, how to discover and exploit Cross Site Request Forgery (CSRF) and more.
Best Penetration testing Books:
#1 The Hacker Playbook: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing by Peter Kim
#2 Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking 1st Edition by Georgia Weidman
#3 Advanced Penetration Testing: Hacking the World’s Most Secure Networks 1st Edition by Wil Allsopp
#4 Penetration Testing Essentials 1st Edition by Oriyano
#5 Penetration Testing Fundamentals: A Hands-On Guide to Reliable Security Audits (Pearson IT Cybersecurity Curriculum (ITCC)) 1st Edition by William (Chuck) Easttom II
#6 Computer Security and Penetration Testing 2nd Edition by Alfred Basta & Nadine Basta & PhD CISSP CISA Mary Brown