Best Java Collections Online Courses
#1 Introduction to Collections & Generics in Java
Learn the basic concepts and functions that you will need to build fully functional programs with the popular programming language, Java.
This course is about generics in the main. You will lern the basics of generic types, generic methods, type parameters and the theoretical background concerning these topics. This is a fundamental part of Java so it is definitly worth learning.
Learning the fundamentals of Java is a good choice and puts a powerful and tool at your fingertips. Java is easy to learn as well as it has excellent documentation, and is the base for all object-oriented programming languages.
Jobs in Java development are plentiful, and being able to learn Java will give you a strong background to pick up other object-oriented languages such as C++, or C# more easily.
#2 Java Collections and Generics for Beginners
This course is for anyone who wants to understand the concept of Generics in Java and how to use them along with Java Collections Framework. Java Collections and Generics is one of the most important topics in Java programming language. In industry projects, there is a heavy use of Collections and Generics. It is really essential to get hands-on experience on different Java collections. This course will teach you how generics are used, the benefits of using them, how generics provide us type-safety etc. It will also make you familiar with some of the most commonly used collections. This course is highly practical-base and main focus is on practicals rather than the theory.
Some of the highlights of this course:-
- A total hands-on development course.
- All basic fundamentals of Collections and Generics will be covered.
- All concepts explained with practical examples and very few power-point presentations.
- Very simple language used while explaining so that it’s easily understood.
As it’s a short course, it won’t be boring at all. You need to invest only around 2-3 hours of your time. I believe you will enjoy this course and learn a lot. Happy Coding 🙂
#3 Multithreading, Java Generics, Collections & LamdaExpression
If the student has gained knowledge of core Java, this course is highly recommended for the student. This course will covers Collections, Java Generics, Multithreading and expressions in details. The best thing about this course is that, this course will help you to understand these rather complicated concepts in easily understandable manner.
- The Java collections framework (JCF) is a set of classes and interfaces that implement commonly reusable collection data structures.
- Java Generics?
In a nutshell, generics enable types (classes and interfaces) to be parameters when defining classes, interfaces and methods. Much like the more familiar formal parameters used in method declarations, type parameters provide a way for you to re-use the same code with different inputs.
- In computer architecture, multithreading is the ability of a central processing unit (CPU) or a single core in a multi-core processor to execute multiple processes or threads concurrently, appropriately supported by the operating system.
Topics covers in this course
- Custom sorting using comparator
- Type parameters
- Generic method
- Bounded type parameter
- Comparable interface
- Wildcards in Generics
- Multithreading overview
- Creating thread by extending the thread class
- Creating thread by implementing runnable interface
- Synchronization under concurrency control
- Synchronized method
- Synchronized block
- Synchronized block on object
- Static synchronization
- Usage of volatile keyword
- Wait and notify
- and many more…..
Best Java Collections Books:
#1 Java Collections by John Zukowski
#2 Java Collections: An Introduction to Abstract Data Types, Data Structures and Algorithms 1st Edition by David A. Watt & Deryck F. Brown & Dave Watt
#3 Java Generics and Collections: Speed Up the Java Development Process by Maurice Naftalin & Philip Wadler
#4 Data Structures and the Java Collections Framework 3rd Edition by William J. Collins
#5 Data Structures in Java: From Abstract Data Types to the Java Collections Framework
by Simon Gray
#6 Beginning Java 8 Language Features: Lambda Expressions, Inner Classes, Threads, I/O, Collections, and Streams 1st Edition by Kishori Sharan