Best Entity Framework Online Courses
By the end of watching this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the differences between code-first and database-first workflows
- Build a domain model using database-first workflow
- Build a domain model using code-first workflow (with a new or an existing database)
- Use code-first migrations to upgrade or downgrade your database
- Override code-first conventions (using data annotations and fluent API)
- Query data using LINQ (using query syntax and extension methods)
- Use eager loading, lazy loading and explicit loading effectively
- Add, update and remove objects
- Use additional tools to profile and troubleshoot your applications
- Understand what the repository pattern is, why and when to use it and how
- Apply best practices with Entity Framework
Entity Framework is a highly recommended Object Relation Mapping tool used to build complex systems. This course provides a full learning path to getting productive with the Entity Framework Core. Designed with the intermediate developer in mind and utilizing all of the latest features introduced by EF Core 2.0 and ASP.NET Core 2.0.
In this course, you will learn how to create, execute and rollback your own migrations. You will also get familiar with everything you need to create complex relational models. You will explore some of the most important advanced features of the entity framework like shadow properties, database generated values and raw SQL queries. You will know how to take an existing database and write a project based upon it with minimal intervention.
By the end of this course, you will certainly have added Entity Framework Core to your toolbox.
About The Author
Entity framework Core is a powerful Object Relational Mapping (ORM) framework that offers an automated mechanism to developers for storing and accessing the data in the database. It is designed to be extensible, lightweight and support cross platform development. This Video learning Path will provide .NET developers with this knowledge and guide them through working efficiently with data and will help you in Mastering Entity Framework Core.
The highlights of this Learning Path are:
- Explore advantage of Entity Framework and ORM Concepts.
- Create New .Net Project with Entity Framework Core Model
- Get Expertise on Mapping entities and database structure
- Get Grips on the New features in Entity Framework Core
- Perform migrations and protect existing data during rename operations
- Master advanced query techniques
- Delve into concurrency handling and understand transactions
You will start by understanding ORM concepts. Further you will learn to build your first sample project to see EF in action. Then know how to create mapping between objects and database structures. Learn how to create, retrieve, update and delete the data in a relational database using Entity Framework Core. This technology will allow you to deploy your data access logic across platform while eliminating the need to maintain database structure separately. You will then move to database configuration and learn how to write classes that define database structure. You will see how Linq can be used with Entity Framework to give you access to your stored data. You will then learn how to use Entity Framework to persist information in a relational database management system, such as SQL Server. You will explore Data Validation and learn how to implement data validation inside our model using attributes. You will also dive into Advanced Query Techniques. Then you will proceed to create custom migrations that update database schema. Finally you will dedicated to testing and setting up further learning path.
Best Entity Framework Books:
#1 Programming Entity Framework: Code First: Creating and Configuring Data Models from Your Classes 1st Edition by Julia Lerman & Rowan Miller
#2 Entity Framework 6 Recipes 2nd ed. by Zeeshan Hirani & Larry Tenny & Nitin Gupta
#3 Mastering Entity Framework Rahul Rajat Singh
#4 Entity Framework Core in Action 1st Edition by Jon Smith
#5 Programming Entity Framework: Building Data Centric Apps with the ADO.NET Entity Framework Second Edition by Julia Lerman
#6 Beginning Entity Framework Core 2.0: Database Access from .NET by Derek J. J. Rouleau