Best Cassandra Online Courses
This Apache Cassandra training course Infinite Skills teaches you the basics of working with Cassandra. This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no experience with Cassandra is required. Experience with databases, SQL, and programming is recommended.
You will start by learning how to install Cassandra, and then move onto understanding ways to communicate with Cassandra. From there, this course will teach you how to create a database, create a table, and insert and model data. This video tutorial will also cover creating an application, updating and deleting data, selecting hardware, and adding nodes to a cluster. You will also learn how to monitor a cluster, repair and remove nodes, and redefine a cluster.
Once you have completed this video based training course, you will have a solid understanding of Cassandra, and be able to use Cassandra for your own development projects. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
What’s included in this course:
- The Cassandra Cluster Manager (CCM) to set up and manage your cluster
- The Cassandra Query Language (CQL) to create keyspaces, column families, perform CRUD operations on column families and other administrative tasks
- Designing primary keys and secondary indexes, partitioning and clustering keys
- Restrictions on queries based on primary and secondary key design
- Tunable consistency using quorum and local quorum. Read and write consistency in a node
- Architecture and Storage components: Commit Log, MemTable, SSTables, Bloom Filters, Index File, Summary File and Data File
- A real world project: A Miniature Catalog Management System using the Cassandra Java driver
Cassandra is the high performance open source distributed database system. It showed the highest growth rate among new database systems and is poised for huge growth. Our course aims to provide you with everything you will need to get started with Cassandra DB. The Course starts with basic Cassandra Concepts and follow it up with CQL and finally teaches you to build a real application using Cassandra and NodeJs. The following sections are covered in the course
Cassandra Data Model
Cassandra Query Language
Tables and Queries in Cassandra
Crud operations in Cassandra
Project Building in Cassandra
Build a Simple Twitter Clone application using Cassandra and Nodejs
The course includes presentation files, source code and video training materials and follows an easy to assimilate pedagogy with practical focus to teach you all the tips of the trade.
Best Cassandra Books:
#1 Cassandra: The Definitive Guide: Distributed Data at Web Scale 2nd Edition by Jeff Carpenter & Eben Hewitt
#2 Learning Apache Cassandra – Manage Fault Tolerant and Scalable Real-Time Data by Mat Brown